Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Christmas to Remember

Although I am unbelievably thankful for the opportunity to serve and teach children in Costa Rica. This Christmas I had a lot more to be thankful for.
Job 9:10 says, "His great works are too marvelous to understand. He performs miracles without number." 
Psalm 19:1, "The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship." 
Isaiah 44:24, "I am the LORD, who made all things. I alone stretched out the heavens. By myself I made the earth and everything in it."


'Twas the day of Christmas, when all through the house. 
Not a creature was was quiet not even the cat. 
The stockings were stuffed overflowing in fact,
In hopes that everyone would love what's inside.

The children were jumping up and down when they saw their new bikes,
and their visions of bikes, toys and clothes came to life through their eyes.
And Q in her Christmas PJ's and Zion in his Christmas tights,
we had just settled down for a quick morning snack.

When all of a sudden I took a quick look around,
and saw the greatest Christmas gift of all,

A family not defined by birth but by love truly bound,
Christmas was spent in many colors, backgrounds, tall and small,
but more importantly it was spent with family after all.





Missing in the pictures: Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa (packed house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment